16.5.11

Way too long!

OK..so its been way too long since I've actually posted anything and I've decided that a decent scanner is definately going on the birthday list this year! I'm finding it abit hard to get motivated at the moment as theres quite a fair bit on my 'sort it out' list but I think its time to make the most of it and just have fun.

I've mainly been experimenting lately and just playing around to see wat I like and dislike, heres what I have been up to..

Pencil. just a quick sketch that I wasnt really putting much effort into which I feel is evident. I stuck to one shade of pencil to see what I could make out of it, I'd quite like to redo this in watercolour soon.


Pencil and Pen. This was a quick design for a henna tattoo. My boyfriend managed to get his hands on a funky little henna kit so I did some research into the traditional methods and designs, alot of the traditional designs were quite 'full on' for a first attempt so I just drew this and had a bash at it, I loved it but next time I willbe trying out the traditional floral designs.

Pencil. Really quick sketch of a tattoo design, I did attempt to improve the drawing but it came out too dark for my liking so I will be trying this design out it watercolour with some pen and ink also.

Watercolour and pen and ink. Was thinking about taking a trip to Mexico in the future which inspired me to look into sugar skulls, usually packed with bright vibrant colours I kept to the tradition, I hated this at first but it has grown on me and I love how free and limitless the designs can be.

Watercolour and pencil. This was done a while back, just an experiment with paint and shading..its rubbish. Quite like the schrol though.

Pencil. This drawing doesnt really show much effort in it, I was half drawing half watching tv and it shows. I would like to do quite a weird surreal piece in watercolour and ink including this somewhere in the painting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment